Are you planning to start a successful business? Well, one of the basic needs to ensure higher success for businesses is to learn how to add different currencies in Shopify. Unless and until you are targeting a particular type of audience niche, your business needs the support of Shopify multi currency for its smooth functioning.
The feature of multiple currencies extends the convenience to the customers to choose their preferred currency during the payment. You can also reduce a lot of confusion for your customers and clients. Thus, you should be aware of how to add different currencies in Shopify without any hassles.
Steps To Add Multiple Currencies In Shopify –
Your customers are likely to get confused when the prices are displayed in different currencies. To avoid such problems, follow these steps to add multiple currencies to Shopify:
- Open the Shopify admin and choose the ‘settings’ option.
- Under the settings, click on the ‘payments’ option.
- Under the ‘payments’ option, now, click on the ‘manage’ option.
- In the countries/regions section, click the option to ‘add country/region.’
- From the available list of countries/regions, select the country/region that you wish to add to your Shopify store.
- Now, in the ‘currency section,’ choose the option of ‘Add currency.’
- You can very easily choose the desired currency from the available list.
- Once you have added the country/region and the required currency, you can also review the same by clicking on the ‘view on online store’ option.
- After you are satisfied with the online store preview, click on the ‘save’ button to confirm the changes.
These are the effective steps to follow to leverage the benefits of Shopify change currency based on location.
Now that you are aware of how to add different currencies in Shopify, it is time to understand how to create a currency selector. Are you ready to explore?
Steps To Create A Currency Selector –
A currency selector ensures that your customers can easily find and select their preferred local currency. Generally, most Shopify themes don’t include the currency selector.
If you are facing the same case, you can try using the Geolocation app or discuss with your Shopify partner to add the Shopify payments multi currency feature.
Besides, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to create the required currency selector in your Shopify store:
- Visit the Shopify admin and then go to the ‘online store’ option.
- Under the online store option, choose the ‘themes’ option.
- From the themes option, click on the ‘actions’ option.
- Under the action option, select the option to ‘edit code.’
- Add the currency selector code to your theme
- If you are using the debut Shopify theme, look under the ‘sections directory’ and click the header.liquid
- If you are using a third-party theme, you should click on the theme.liquid
- Use the currency code and add the same at the beginning of the header.liquid file.
- Once you have added the code, click on the ‘save’ button to confirm the changes.
After the required changes to add the Shopify multi currency feature, test its impact by visiting the online store as a customer. Check and confirm that all the prices are visible in the required currencies without any hassles.
After following all the above-mentioned steps, you are well aware of how to add different currencies in Shopify. Following the same steps, you can easily add any preferred currency to your online Shopify store. You can rely on these steps to leverage the benefits of Shopify change currency based on location to keep all your customers satisfied.